Friday, September 10, 2010

So, You Kinda Made My Day, Because You Get Me.

I was having a conversation via messaging with a group of friends of mine dubbed The Posse. We have been friends for years now and known each other since middle school. The core members have never changed and they will continue to be my important friends for the rest of my life. One of the things I enjoy most is this: They listen to what I have to say. They accept the fact that I am an out there individual that has some weird mental quirks, but they don't treat me like the idiot either. I tend to play the idiot because the people I care about need to laugh, but somewhere along the line they forget I actually do have important things to say about the world and society. That I do indeed have substance in my views and I'm not actually just talking out my ass. The Posse has also read some of my longer rants on here because they care about my views and like to talk about them. Hannibal, she was one that said a rant of mine was like poetry to her and then we talked about it in depth. Anyway, this made my day:

Me: "We had a somewhat similar discussion in my Protest and Propaganda class about kids having kids and I couldn't resist forming a conversation about how the education has decreased. That the smart people are smart enough not to have kids until they are in a good place where as dumb people are popping them out like candy. And it will only continue to get worse because todays parents are already so young. They are not responsible enough to raise kids because they are still in the mentality that they want to be different from their parents, a.k.a. they want to be their kids friends and let them run around because they themselves hate being disciplined by their parents. They are still too young to process that the boundaries placed on them are beneficial to their development. So the cycle will just continue because whether they grow up and become functional members of society they were still raised a certain way and will most likely spread that to their kids. Because they don't know the difference."

Hannibal: "...you are just so damn smart and articulate. We need to get you a syndicated TV show where you can just rant for an hour or two...I find there is very little you say that isn't something of real substance, especially on important topics."