Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Not About The Music: The Later Rant.


I know. I've been down this subject. I have probably beat it like a dead horse. And ya know, I am probably way behind the times when it comes to the whole Charlotte Church decides to objectify herself thing. But I'm really confused with this one. That girl can bloody well sing. Like actually sing. Opera. That's an amazing talent all on it's own. Why does she have to sing pop music with her boobs jiggling out and looking sexy? Why is that needed? And why, oh why, do we as a society find it acceptable? See, I know I rant a lot about quite a few things, but it's not always the fault of those I am ranting about. You know where it went wrong? Us. Us as a society. If we didn't find it acceptable. If sex didn't make us buy more into the entertainment, the need to use sex as a selling strategy wouldn't be necessary. But it is. Sex sells. I mean, I'm perverted. I live on a lower level of the gutter, but that doesn't mean I want to see it everywhere. I do in fact find it very sad that todays role models are people from Jersey Shore and women that run around in skimpy outfits talking like they never picked up a damn book in their lives. And no, by the way, women using what sexual power they have to get ahead is not a good message. That's not a positive outlook on the female figure at all. That we need to use our sex appeal to be successful. I'd be damn insulted if that was the only way people thought I could succeed in life. Because it's not. But we let that message exist, we even help it. I hope that when your daughters are walking around in spandex with things like "juicy" written on there ass and a thong hanging out, while knowing more about sexual positions at the age of 13 than you do, well, I hope you're very proud.