Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear Custodians,

So I'm trying to sleep when the custodians come to clean the bathroom of our suite. Which is an awesome service I'm not gonna lie. But they are not quiet about it. They come in and instantly I hear one of the ladies complaining that there is water on the floor from the shower. I'll admit that's my bad. The shower curtain from last year I put up doesn't cover this shower like it did the last one. So water gets on the floor. Not a lot, but enough. I haven't gotten around to changing it back yet. Now I'll tell you what they do when cleaning: they clean the sink area, shower, toilet, and MOP THE FLOOR. That's in caps 'cause I wanted that emphasized, they mop the floor. So here is the custodian lady complaining loudly about the little water on the floor and stuff about us that I chose to ignore. Look, your job, not the greatest job in the world, I know that. I've DONE your job. Yeah, that's right, I've worked in a school being a custodian. Once you've had to clean up the green colored feces of a preschool kid that managed to get EVERYWHERE but the toilet, you wont give two shits about some water on a floor you are going to be mopping anyway.

That said, my roomie made a statement that just made me laugh:
"I'm going to shower with the curtain open. Don't think I wont!"