Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lawn Chair Throne Sitter.

I hate arrogance. Not normal arrogance that goes along with an ego that you have earned, but the over-the-top arrogance. The arrogance that when they walk into a room everyone instantly feels like these people think they are better than everyone else in it. The arrogance that spawns childish ideas and arguments like "my friends are better than your friends" and so on. Ignoring the flies in the ointment just because you think you have less of them than everyone else is really rather sad. I am not going to cure cancer. I am fairly sure none of my friends are going to cure cancer, but that doesn't make me think less of them, and it never will. Belittling others based on their life choices has very little standing as an educated decision and more of a close minded one (in some cases). Just because people think differently about their lives and what to do with them shouldn't be such a big deal to those who are not them. I could be a scientist, if I wanted to. I could be a doctor, if I wanted to. I could have gone to a very popular college, if I wanted to. There are a number of people that didn't even go to college, a number of people that were ordinary workers that you will read about in history because they had a hand in shaping the world. Are you going to belittle them? Or, because they made history are their choices and background automatically exempt from your calculations? But at the end of the day I am where I need to be and I wont be made to feel bad about it or of a lesser caliber and neither should anyone else. Don't let anyone make you feel like you have to jump through rings in order to be considered because people who think like that are not worth the effort. What's important is that you know you're something, and that you are happy. Life isn't a battle of who is better it's a battle of living, everyday, of getting up in the morning and being able to smile even for a little while.

Your throne is a lawn chair, and no matter how you decorate it, it's frame is the same as your neighbor's.