Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dear Customers, Refer To The Police.

I am finding more and more as of late that no one is clear on a few tid bits I assumed were common knowledge, or common sense about buying alcohol or cigarettes, or even lotto. So here they are:

1. EBT is not a valid form of ID. I could rant about how just about everyone has an ID, or permit, or license, and how, it is the commonly preferred method of identification so the fact that you don't have one is dumb on your part especially when you know you are going to buy alcohol or tobacco. But I am not confident that going into that rant will allow you to see your stupidity.

2. Most stores that sell alcohol and tobacco have a license to do so and as part of that do not condone or promote the selling OR distribution of alcohol and tobacco to a minor. Meaning, you have a minor with you, then no no on your poison of choice. I do not care if that is your kid. I don't know that for sure because I don't know you nor do I care. That's a minor. And no, sending them to your car doesn't make me magically forget they were just standing in front of me.

3. Calling a manager over will not help you. In most stores, no manager or fellow cashier can overrule the decision of a cashier to deny sale. It's common policy that the choice of selling any substance, rated R movie, or lottery ticket is at the discretion of the cashier. Do not assume that huffing and puffing or going to the higher ups will get you what you want. Having your ID or knowing the law is not my job to do for you, it's yours.