Monday, August 16, 2010

Self Image. And Real Image. And It Makes No Fucking Difference.

I'm going to get a bit serious here. Probably more than you'd like me too, and more than I want to. But these things have been bothering me. Not that my rants and things aren't in anyway serious, but there will be no joking rage. Just simple ramblings from a girl that shouldn't be aloud to ramble.

I want to be thin. Not just thin, but defined thin. I've always had issues with looking in the mirror and liking what I see. Whether it's because I know the type of person I am or just because of how I look. It developed itself into an eating disorder. I get upset and jealous when it comes to a lot of my friends. Even the ones that are bigger than me I think look better. I'm not saying this for pity or anything. I'm just saying it.

Everyone wants to change something about themselves, both in and out. Whether you want to be more outgoing, less angry, have whiter teeth, be defined, be thinner. There is always that something, when you think about yourself, that makes you unhappy. And it doesn't matter what others say, how many times they tell you otherwise or that they love that part of you. Deep back in your mind is the nagging thought that life might get better if this or that were different. In the end it all comes down to you being happy with you. No one can change it. For some reason all the good things about us don't measure against those little things we hate. Remember, whatever the bad parts you're beautiful, even if you can't believe it.

So, here's the deal. My name's Amanda Lynn Davis, I wish I was skinnier. I wish I wasn't so angry and afraid, that my teeth were whiter, that my feet were a little bigger and my hair didn't grow in five minutes after I shave. I hate that my boobs are big and the main focus and jokes of almost everyone.