Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pet Peeve #5

I'm bigger, you move.
Today while driving on a street that is prone to having some nice traffic, no real shoulders but a really wide sidewalk, I had to wait for a biker. Yes, wait. See, you can't go around them since there is on coming traffic, and since there is barley a shoulder you can't just keep going. You have to wait. Wait while there is a perfectly good sidewalk they could be on.
It's not just the bikers either. It's more the walkers. If the light is green I'm going. I just sat there through a red light to let other cars and your slow dumb ass walk. Now that that light is green it's my turn to go. Not yours. I have places to be that don't involve catering to your time because you were too busy flirting on the corner like a hooker. You don't want to walk out into traffic because you think everyone should part and wait for you like Moses and the Red Sea. You especially don't want to do it to me. Why? Because I will keep going. No I haven't hit someone, but I have slowed down and clipped them with my car or just pulled out in front of them and scared them. Last time I did it, it was night time, I had a green light, and a group of teenage girls (where are parents these days?) just walked out into the intersection expecting me to stop. No. There screams made up for their stupidity. The bottom line: I am a huge ass car, complete with lights. I am on a street which is for cars. I am where I'm supposed to be and easy to see. You can move your dumb privileged ass out of my way. You don't see me up on your sidewalks.