Monday, October 18, 2010

Big Love Comes In Small Packages.


I have gotten into the habit of taking Soren to my class every now and then. He is the most social one of the group so I figured he'd handle it better than the others. Well, I took him to class today, and of course everyone wanted to see him, touch him, or hold him. I knew he was nervous but he wasn't being too much of a fusser. Until one of the students suggested putting him on the table. I didn't much want to because he's not done training yet so if he ran off I'd have to catch him rather than him come to me. But there wasn't very many places to go, so I set him down. I didn't have to worry. The minute he was on the table he tried to climb up my pants. I tried to leave the table, he tried to literally jump off after me. I sat down, he crawled onto my lap and that's were he stayed. You'll never understand how much that meant to me. I know my rats love me in their own little ratty way because I provide for them. But I didn't know they trusted me so much. That I really was a safe place for them. I really can't express how touched I felt to watch Soren reach out to me. I think I could have cried. That was it. They're my boys.

Oh, and yeah, the picture up there is my little Soren.